Kacey Hammell’s 5 Biggest Fears…
Thanks for having me today, KD, on day 7 of the Guarding Midnight Tour.
- Anyone who knows me, knows my #1 fear is Snakes. Bone-chilling and paralyzing fear takes over me whenever I see one on a computer, TV or in the grass. There was even one time when my son received a rubber snake for his birthday, I knew it was in the house somewhere, and had my husband hunt it down and throw it outside. Seriously, it’s terrifying to know when one is around.
- Heights – though I can board an airplane, I will never look outside the windows – I usually hold the phone at the window when taking pictures, hoping they will turn out okay but never once looking at the phone until I’m on the ground. No one will ever find me bungee jumping off anything or parachuting out of a perfectly good airplane (unless there’s danger).
- Death – I don’t want to leave my children. I know the pain of losing a parent, and I (unrealistically) don’t want them to ever face that loss. It’s hard to push through it, and come out happy on the other side of it. Grief is no joke. The darkness can grab hold and suck us in. I don’t like the thought of my children ever facing that. But such is the circle of life.
- Dark places – I’m claustrophobic so it’s terrifying to be locked anywhere in the darkness or a small room. Even an airplane can be difficult for me but small spaces is difficult times a thousand.
- Failure – everyone fears it. I fear a lot since I’m a writer. Fear of a book tanking, readers hating it. I fear the inability to not succeed in everything I do, not just writing, but failing my children, family, husband. That fear is always in the back of my mind, even on good days.
“This is a book that will consume you. From that sensual first kiss through terrifying suspense filled moments, Hammell’s writing will pull you in.” ~ 5 Stars from S.J. Maylee, author of the Love Projects Series
“…doesn’t disappoint…characters, plot and storyline was amazing, overall this was an easy contemporary romance that will have some enjoying on how the story unfolds.” ~ 5 Stars from Beckey, In the Pages of a Good Book
“… an amazing book…background story was amazing and the main character and background characters, I fell in love with them right away. I couldn’t put this book down.” ~ 5 Stars from Stephanie, Goodreads
“…very well written with amazing plot and storyline.” 5 Stars from Chantale, Canadian Book Addict
Canadian Muscle …
When Desires Need Protecting.
No one knows sacrifice better than former Army Sergeant Gavin Bennett. He’s witnessed firsthand the emotional, physical and mental toll of being caught in the crossfire. Being a bouncer-slash-bodyguard may not be Gavin’s dream job, but he’s willing to do just about anything to help out family. When Gavin reports for his first day of work, he quickly discovers a woman who threatens to crack his legendary cool.
Shree Walker is on the run from a dark past she tried to shut away. Battered and broken, a happily ever after doesn’t exist for her. Ready to start fresh with a new life in a new city, she is happy dancing at the Vixen Club. She’d be even happier without the presence of the prickly new bouncer who won’t let anyone or anything get past his carefully guarded defenses. He’s a distraction she doesn’t need. And a temptation she can’t resist.
When Shree is kidnapped by the criminal mastermind hell-bent on taking the club at any cost, Gavin has to make a decision. Hold tight and continue to keep Shree at arm’s length. Or break down his walls and take a chance on something more powerful than them both: Love.
Book Trailer Credits to: Beckey at In the Pages of a Good Book
Avid Reader. Romance Author. Redhead…
Canadian-born author Kacey Hammell is definitely a book-a-holic. A romance reader from a young age, she fell in love with happily ever afters. These days, as a multi-published erotic romance author, she enjoys adding a lot of heat, sass, and emotion to the many genres she writes.
A mom of three, Kacey has made certain each of her children know the value of the written word and the adventures they could escape on by becoming book-a-holics in their own right. She lives her own happily ever after with her perfect hero in Ontario, Canada, and is a true romantic at heart.
Connect with Kacey…